Monday 1 July 2013

Avocado Walnut Dressing for Carrots


You think you are not eating enough carrots? Well, some more surely wouldn't hurt. Eating carrots always seems like a good idea to me, but apart from the occasional one that I just snack without any preparation, I don't eat that many to be honest. I don't like cooked carrots, so my only option is carrot salad. As part of my new "eat more carrots"-project, I have created a nice dressing, that is fully HiFi, so you can drown your carrots in it without control.


(Takes about 10 min)

You need:
- a hand blender
- a mandoline
- about 4 medium-size carrots
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- 1/8 cup of sesame seeds and a seed grinder or 2 tblsp of tahini
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 piece of garlic
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1 piece of chilli
- no salt (seriously, you don't need any)

You do:
Cut the carrots into small sticks using the mandoline. Grind the sesame seeds into a paste with a seed grinder. Put the sesame paste and the other ingredients into a tall container and blend until smooth. Mix the dressing with the carrots. Enjoy.

Michael



















2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This looks fantastic. Was looking for inspiration this evening.

    *goes to shop*

    Will share.

    ReplyDelete