Thursday 22 May 2014

Banana Blueberry Almond Pudding

I am told that I mainly post recipes for sweets and treats and HiFi comfort food, even though that's not mainly what I eat. Maybe that is true. The reason for that is that most of my staples are relatively simple and there is not much of a recipe to post. I eat massive about of boiled vegetables and tons of fruit.

Anyway, I promise that I will have more posts on my staples. However, today's post is another treat. It's a banana pudding, and, to be honest, I don't understand yet, why it (sometimes) gets a pudding like consistency. Blending some foods at high speed for a little while somehow does something that I haven't yet fully grasped. It might have something to do with the heat and the fiber. Or the protein. Or not. The important thing is that it tastes nice and feels good.



You need:
- about 6 to 8 ripe bananas
- a cup of blueberries
- about 1/4 cup of almonds
- 1/2 liter (~1 pint) of water

You do:
Throw it all in the blender and blend it. Then fill it in a form or a glass. It will solidify a bit within a minute or so. Or it won't. If it doesn't you will have a nice vegan blueberry milkshake.

No comments:

Post a Comment